November 29, 2012

Winning and Losing


This is going to be a quick post. I keep forgetting to post until I'm lying in bed or I'm super busy! Hopefully I'll be able to elaborate tomorrow if necessary.

Right now, I am both winning and losing in multiple aspects of my life. In CPD, I got a perfect score on my quiz and on my last project. I have no fear of failing that class, and that makes me happy. Then there's English; oh, English, and the dreaded essay. I got full points on my outline, which I stressed so much over, trying to make sure it wold be perfect. Our first three pages are due on Monday, and I decided yesterday to get a head start. If I did one page a day, I'd finish on Friday and get to relax for the weekend. Well, that's what I'm doing, and I'm making sweet, sweet progress! I'm very close to 700 words and have two full pages now (WITHOUT the header or name/date/class info)! The intro paragraph was both the hardest and the easiest. I did only that yesterday. Today, I did the paragraph on my opponent's arguments, and a paragraph on the gun show loophole (with some Virginia Tech thrown in). Even though I'm iffy about my essay, my friends who I've shown it to so far think it's pretty good, so I'm happy.

Also, guess what? Tomorrow is the LAST DAY of NaNoWriMo! And... there has not been one single day this month that  I have NOT met the par/minimum word count! I wanted to write some more tonight (as in extra), but I needed to work on my essay (and I'm glad I'm working ahead and staying focused!). Tomorrow, I will hit 50,000 words and WIN NaNoWriMo 2012, my very FIRST one I participated in! It will take another day or two to actually finish the novel (I have one more chapter and an epilogue I have planned to include), but I'll still have one, and I'll have a full length novel. Unedited, but still!

Where am I losing in my life now, you ask? Math. We're learning logs right now. I don't want to talk about it much, partly because I'm rushing through this post since it's already late, and partly because I just hate it and don't want to think about it. However, during my long break tomorrow before class, I'm going to look up some stuff on logarithms and hopefully figure out what the hell I'm doing. We have in in-class quiz Monday--it will be our last quiz, and the only thing we have after that is the final.

After tomorrow, I only have one week left of school! And then finals week. I still don't know how finals week work. I will ask my CPD teacher tomorrow.

No comments: