October 20, 2012

I'm Ready for a Vacation


Considering that school is the only place I go, this post will pretty much revolve around school. Mr. Spivey asked if he could keep my essay. He wanted me to email it to him with the name and header taken off, so I did. I got a 99% on that essay! I'm happy with it. Our team debates are on Monday. I was hoping I could possibly squirm out of having to do a lot... but then my group elected me "team speaker" and I'll pretty much be doing all of the talking, but I will quiet down during the question and answer period. I hate being put on the spot. Apparently I have the "strongest voice" and speak with the "most conviction" out of our group. Whatever, fine. It's one day, one debate. I'll prepare tomorrow. I already have down what I'll be talking about, but I'll organize it, and double-check for logical fallacies. 

I cannot for the life of me find a camera. And of course, almost no one lives in Peoria anymore, so I can't borrow a camera. I can't find the cord for my digital camera. I want to film my CPD project and have it done soon. Monday would be great, Wednesday good, and Thursday... no, it needs to be done before Thursday. I need to film and then edit, but editing does not take long. Especially since I'm filming in a specific order. I already wrote down exactly what I want shots of, and how long each shot will be. The only thing that I really need to do for editing is add music and record the video dialogue... which I already wrote. 

Psychology is going well. She actually pushed back one of the homeworks last week to Tuesday, but I had already done it. So no psychology homework for me next week! Our next exam will be in a little less than two weeks. We did an activity where we made an origami box and a heart. For the box, she read off the instructions but did not show us. For the heart, she showed us through observation. That was how we learned about different styles of learning. I have become obsessed with making boxes. I have three boxes (technically six, but I flip out upside down and make it the lid). 

My math midterm was yesterday. I know I passed. I didn't get the extra credit right, I'm sure. I basically did the test backwards. I did the problems I knew I knew how to do first. Then I went back to the first page, which was full of problems I wasn't as good at. And... my mind blanked. Basically, 12 points--guaranteed gone. Out of about 68... But I know I passed. Hopefully my grade will still be in the B-range after he grades them. I'm just kind of upset that those will be the first problems that he grades. The first problems he'll see from me are all great examples of failure. At lest after that it gets better.

No comments: