October 29, 2012

Burned Out


Code Geass/My Little Pony crossover! Go Fluttershy! Anyways, today was a long day. In English, one of the librarians came to class and taught us how to use their website. They then showed us a bunch of really helpful sources and tools we can use when we start looking up stuff for our research papers. I still didn't have one picked out, and I've been killing myself over it. However, I think I've found one I'm finally going to stick with: gun use/concealed weapons on college campuses. I don't know what side I support. I'll probably support whatever side I feel has better evidence, whether I agree with it personally or not. It doesn't matter if I agree. I can write a paper supporting with something I don't believe. If nothing else, it will show that to Spivey. I'm pretty much going to pick the side that uses the most logos and ethos. Spivey has told us before that he hates pathos, so I will avoid it at all costs. This paper is all we're going to do for the rest of the semester. We don't have a final in their. The paper is our final. As long as I get a C or better on this paper, I will pass the class, with at least a B. I do hope to score an A, but I'm not very confident in myself, despite the fact my last two essays got a 98% and a 99%. In fact, I'm never really confident in my writing ability at all... But I look at the essays that I hung on my wall, and I at least have some hope. I just have to try... but I'm so exhausted.

I spent almost 5 hours today working on psychology homework alone. It took forever. Longer than usual. I don't know why. I did really bad on the homework. 32/34. It may seem pretty good, but that's a low A. Well, I guess it's not terrible... but I usually do so much better than that when it comes to psychology! Our next exam will be Thursday. I'm almost done with the study guides. I've been spacing them out. I only have one more chunk to do, which I will do tomorrow after class... I can't really do it before the next lecture, anyways! We haven't covered it in class yet. (Even though I read about the whole chapter in my book already, since the homework is due tomorrow.) 

In math, we're learning about how to complete a square now. I understand it a bit... up until a certain point. Then I get lost. But I will practice. I want to do well the rest of the semester. I want to be DONE with this class! As far as I know, I still have an 88% in there. However, I suspect I did extremely well on that take-home quiz that I did on Friday in class. He literally handed us the paper and said, "You can stay and work on this, or you can go home and turn it in on Wednesday." I wasn't having really any trouble with imaginary numbers, so I was one of maybe four people who stayed and did it. We worked separately, in silence. I finished it and, feeling confident, decided to turn it in without taking it home to have anyone look over it. He briefly glanced over it and said "Good." I seriously feel great about that take-home quiz. Possibly a 100%... but probably not. However, definitely an  A or high B. Maybe it'll even boost my grade to an A? I'm not expecting it, and I won't be disappointing if it doesn't, but it would make me extremely happy. I haven't had a full semester at GCC before this one, but every individual class I've taken, I've gotten an A in. I'd like to keep up the trend as long as I can, if possible! Especially since I KNOW that I have As in all of my other classes right now.

It's kind of lame that I only talk about school... but that's all that happens in my life! I'm so exhausted from working on schoolwork all day. Tomorrow I want to practice math, finish my psychology study guides, and start finding some sources for my English essay. Our annotated bibliography and prospectus for it are due in one week. It's so stupid that we have to do some research before he even approves our topics! At least I'm feeling a bit better about where I am now that I think I have a more solid topic... 

I wonder what everyone's doing for Halloween. I won't be doing anything. I know a lot of people are probably going to parties. We all know I'm too introverted to be comfortable there. (Plus, whose party would I even go to?) Already said I'm not trick or treating (again--who would I even go with?) and that I will not pass out candy. I guess I'll just be sitting at home, blogging about the horrors of school.

No comments: