October 10, 2012

Cops, Paramedics, and Bacon Cheeseburgers


You know what sucks? Locking your keys in your car. You know who did that today? Me. It wasn't a big deal, though. Grandma picked me up after my CPD class and took me home, where I got the spare key. Then she drove me back to school and I unlocked my car and we went back to her and mom's house. 

I offered to help her with errands she needed to run. Just as we were leaving, some kid on the phone ran up to mom's office. Mom wasn't in there because she had just left to clean out a vacant unit or something. We tried to tell him that, but he didn't speak much English, so he ignored us. Right when we were about to turn onto 67th, a cop car pulled up, but had to stop at the gate. He couldn't get in because he didn't have a code. I guess the kid was trying to find mom because he wanted to try to tell her to open the gates for when the cops he had called came. So I told grandma to wait, and then I jumped out of the car and ran over to the cop car. I offered to use my gate code to open it for him so he could go through. So he said, "That would be great, thank you." And I did. Then me and grandma found mom and told her the cops were there for some reason, and left. Later we found out that two ladies (the kids' mom and aunt) were arguing over the contents of a storage unit or something and had called the cops. 

Later at Wal Mart, me and grandma were leaving, and some person had collapsed so the paramedics were suddenly there. It was kind of awkward to inch around them and get out of the parking lot with that ambulance in front of the Wal Mart. I'm surprised there wasn't a fire we got to witness on top of all this! We did see a firetruck. But that's not really a special occasion. And of course, I ate a bacon cheeseburger for lunch. Otherwise, my title wouldn't make sense.

I'm kind of understanding math I guess. I have a psychology test tomorrow. I've had this headache all day that won't go away. I took a short nap, and it helped refresh me enough to do my psychology homework, but did nothing for the damn headache.

No comments: