August 25, 2012

A Day Away


I have had a rather productive weekend so far. I did the reading I need to do for math, and I brainstormed ideas for my upcoming English research paper. I even knocked out about half of the reading I need to do for psychology, which I think I'll be able to finish tomorrow. Now all I need to do is finish the reading, finish my psychology homework and do my mini-project for psychology that's due Thursday... not that it's going to be hard at all! I'm proud of myself for staying on top of all my work and even getting things done early instead of at the last minute.

I would have posted about that yesterday (and in greater detail) but I had a bit of a... problem. It hit me hard that almost all of my friends were physically gone--moved out of town for college. They're all pretty close friends who I hung out with the most outside of school. That, on top of stressing out about what I'm going to do with my life lead me to have somewhat of an emotional breakdown. Long story short, after texting mom for a while (I didn't want to bother anyone else and ruin their day with my ranting) I drove to her house, where I ended up staying the night after watching the new episode of Project Runway again. I feel a lot better now and spent all day here as well. I sat with my mom in her office and worked on my assignments and other homework. It was a fun first Saturday of college, and very productive. I hope it remains that way.

This netbook is actually really helpful. I treat my computer as my gaming and goofing off computer, since it's my personal PC at home. I do all my homework via the netbook, even if I'm at home. Sometimes I even have them going at the same time because it's useful. And of course, I can take it with me when I go to my mom's house (which is where I'm still at right now) and have my own computer access... which pretty much just leaves me with Facebook since there's not much else I do on the internet besides check a few websites. I listened to music with it today, too, since I wanted to check out some new stuff that's not on my iPod.

It's nice to blog from the couch. They're watching Julie & Julia, which I've never seen and it's almost over. Me and mom just got home so I'd rather sit here with them and make my blog post than be confused and pay attention to it. Kate doesn't want to spend the night (she's over here too), so we're probably going to go home in a couple hours. It's been a great weekend so far, getting to hang out with my mom. even just being in the same room as her while we're both working in silence is comforting. Kate was upset when I came here last night without telling her, but I was really upset and didn't want her to come. I didn't even tell dad where I was until an hour after I'd gotten to mom's house. He wasn't home, though, so it's not like it mattered. He was mad for a little bit because I had left Kate home alone. But I'm not her damn baby sitter! She's 15 and knows how to stay home alone and can take care of herself. If she can't be home alone, then I'm her babysitter, and babysitters get paid. That finally shut him up about it. 

I had a few funny moments today. Norman messing with my face when he woke up for work at 2 in the morning and I was sleeping on the couch, spilling coffee all over everything this morning, watching videos with mom... It was fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.