August 21, 2012

Moron Madness


Even though my first class today didn't start until 11:30, I woke up at 7:00. Went on the computer, vacuumed, and did nothing of importance. I was bored, so at 10:30 I decided I would leave (I hadn't planned on leaving for about another 15-20 minutes). I'm really glad I left that early. I'll have to remember to do that every Tuesday and Thursday. The parking lot around 11:00 is just terrible. I drove around it for 20 minutes looking for a spot, any spot. Finally, I found someone walking to their car, so I blocked everyone's way waiting for them to pull out so I could take their spot. And that spot was in the very, very back of the parking lot. It took almost 10 minutes alone to walk to class from that spot.

Psychology seems like it's going to be a pretty fun class... it's my longest class this whole semester. All of my other classes are only 50 minutes long, while Psychology is an hour and 15 minutes long. Still shorter than a Centennial class. Not that I care. Anyways, the teacher there is Dr. Schimanski. This is her first year teaching at GCC. Before that she did some stuff at U of A. She's Canadian. And luckily, she's friendly. All of our homework assignments are going to be online. We have 15 assignments due every Tuesday, and she drops our lowest 2 scores every week for those. Technically, we could just do 13 and leave 2 harder ones out, but she said she'll sometime give extra credit for doing all 15. No homework today, though; the real stuff doesn't start until Thursday.

I read a chapter of The Silent Blade and listened to my iPod in the SU for the hour between classes. Then I went to math. I was getting really irritated in there by the other students. Almost all of them are taking this math class as their first college math course. Most new freshman place into 120. I took 092 over the summer, so I've taken a math class at GCC before. And I have the maturity level to be in class. However, the other students were all giggling and acting stupid like they were high school freshman, not college. Dr. K was giving us a review of lines and the slope forms and all. What he was doing was explaining how we get the equations that we use (point-slope and slop-intercept). This girl kept complaining rather rudely that she didn't understand and Dr. K would go over it again and again trying to explain it to her, all the while never losing his temper or getting irritated. But the class kept being very rude, whispering during class, and complaining to each other that they didn't understand. Sure, it was a little confusing, but in the end we got what we needed: formulas to remember if we didn't know them already. Everyone was complaining that he was going "backwards" and this one same girl even kept trying to correct his math, even though he was doing it right. It just really irritates me. We're all adults now, and they still can't even act like it. They'd better not be so rude tomorrow. We didn't finish our whole paper today, because he kept having to go over crap. If the class can't shut the hell up so we can work, how are we going to know all we need to know for our quiz on Friday? And quizzes make up 50% of our grade! I just really don't like how people act in that class.

Like yesterday, parking was cleared out by the time I left. Of course, I had to make the trek into the abyss for my truck. I had a little fight with Kate because I kept calling her and she never answered. I was going to ask when she wanted me to pick her up from her club. As soon as I get in the house, take my shoes off, and get comfortable, she had the audacity to text: "Pick me up." I got so pissed off. How dare she ignore my calls, not call back, and then text me a demand like that? I bitched her out and when we got home I made her make me food, though, so it's all better.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, so the long day again... English, CPD, and of course, math. I don't want to go to English at all... ugh. Hopefully I can try and think more positively about it. 

3 comments:

Alexa Castro said...

Only A chapter? WHY????? You cannot just read a chapter of the Slient Blade...unless it was a slow part, then I forgive you. Where are you at right now, because I need you to share feels. Also, which book are you going to read after SB and Spine of the World, Sea of Swords or Servant of the Shard?

It's funny that I care more about the book then you in college. XD

I dread the day I get homework again, the only part of school I detest!

Rebecca said...

I only had enough time to read one chapter. ;_;
After Spine of the World I'm dong Sea of Swords since that's the sequel... then I'll do Sellswords.

Alexa Castro said...

Aww ok....