September 1, 2012

Stay-Home Vacation


That picture actually makes a fantastic wallpaper. I recommend it.

Getting to the point, I'm very grateful that I have a three day weekend. Labor Day is my last holiday I have off school until November. Of course, I am a college student and could technically miss class whenever I want... except I refuse to do that. Firstly, I have never in my life ditched a class before, and would not like to break that record. Not to mention it's very irresponsible, and attendance actually does make up a chunk of my grades in all of my classes anyways. My professors aren't going to catch me up on what I missed if I skip a day, even if I go and ask them, since it's my responsibility to know. we might get homework or projects, or in-class only assignments, anyways.

Dad and Kate are in Prescott right now for the weekend. I chose to stay home.  I have some homework to do this weekend, including reading chapter 2 of my psychology textbook and doing the homework, on top of my math take-home quiz and starting my English research paper (once Mr. Spivey emails me back and confirms my topic). I also have some CPD assignment that's due next Friday. I love CPD. It's so BS-able and actually entertaining. And like I always say, I'm getting three credits for that. It's some two paragraph thing asking me to tell a story in which I overcame a difficult obstacle in my life. Really, seriously easy. I could even make one up and no one would know. Of course, I'm going to try and come up with a real one, but I can't think of anything. And all I have to do after telling the story in two paragraphs is underline every skill and strength mentioned. My God, this class is so easy and wonderful.

I spent my morning watching documentaries on the solar system. I've always loved space. First, I watched a 20 minute video on Venus, and why it's not earthlike when it's our sister planet. Pretty interesting. But even more interesting was the 45 minute video I watched on time. Time being an illusion, or time being real. Neither can be completely proven but both have fascinating supporting evidence. I want to watch a documentary on the multiverse theory now.

I went to Frys with grandma today. It was really busy and crowded. To make matters worse, at the checkout we had terrible service. The bagger at our station just suddenly left and there was no one to bag our groceries. The lady ringing up the items just looked at it for a second, then kept ringing them up, which was causing them to get really backed up and pile on top of each other and get disorganized and it was horrible. She gave me this look like, "Well, are you gonna bag it or what?" So I frantically started bagging our own groceries, which is absolute and complete BS. I've never bagged groceries in my life and I don't know how to do it. Some things didn't even get bagged, like the beat grandma bought, and the bottles of soda. I got really seriously stressed out from that. And also because we were ringing up two separate things in the checkout. We needed a subtotal on what my stuff costed and I didn't know what that meant and the lady wanted me to pay for it after she gave me the subtotal, but we only wanted the subtotal and then have her ring the rest of it up with it. That's because grandma was paying (I forgot my wallet) and she couldn't even get through with the grocery cart in the way to pay and it was just really stressful. I was cranky after that and went home, because I had been at mom's house. I never want to go to that specific Frys ever again.

Tomorrow I'm going to Panda! Yay, extra food money!

No comments: