For once, I was actually dying of boredom this morning... and I even slept in until almost 8, which doesn't usually happen on my Tuesdays/Thursdays, even though I have all that spare morning time. This surprises me. And also, I don't know why, but even though I have less classes on these days, it feels like I'm at school longer!
Like last week, this week (for some random reasons unknown to me) has been going by extremely fast... not that I'm complaining. Thank God tomorrow's Friday! Then I get 2 days of relaxation! Oh wait, no I don't... I have to write an essay. And do my math quiz, which is worth more points than the others and is going to count towards super major points.
Well, I like psychology. I got a 100% on our last exam. Okay, okay, I would have missed 2 points, but I got all the bonus questions right, so 100%, damnit. We're doing a unit on consciousness, sleep, and dreams now. I remember doing this unit in high school psychology and I loved it! Super fun. There are some things I remember from that class that we're learning, so I feel extra prepared.
It's becoming a common Tuesday-Thursday thing for me to spot my math professor in the student union buying his lunch 45-ish minutes before class. We're doing radical expressions in math now. Yes, that's right; rational expressions are over, and we've graduated onto the next, equally-stupid thing. At least I kind of understand it. In fact, I answered a question in class today. Well... sort of. Dr. K was doing problems and I was following along. I was pretty sure I had the answer right, but when he asked for someone to say the answer, I naturally didn't raise my hand because I didn't want to be in the spotlight. I made the mistake of making eye contact with him, and he knew I had written an answer down on my paper, so he looked at me and said, "Do you know what it is?" And I was like, "The absolute value of 5s-z" or whatever it was. And it was correct. Which is great for my teacher's pet points, but sucks at the same time. The class gave that reaction. You know, the one where they all give that incredulous laugh like, "oh my god you actually knew that? wow you must be so damn special." One of those kinds of laughs. All at once. It made me feel embarrassed and made me regret answering, even though it was the right answer. This is why I hate people.
This weekend I need to start my psychology homework, write my essay, and do as much as I can of that math quiz. I can't wait for the weekend... I can't wait for winter break. No, summer. No, for school to be over!

No comments:
Post a Comment